Re: Netbsd XEN nothing I can boot in

On Tue, 12 Sep 2006, Andreas Wrede wrote:
Try booting xen with 'nosmp' (and maybe 'noapic') on the 'kernel (hd0,a)/xen.gz...' line in grub's menu.lst. Right now NetBSD does not support multiple CPUs to well.

now, I'm running a Debian dom0 and a NetBSD3.1-rc2 domU. Of course, the xen and the hardware is dual cpu; I put nosmp in the root= line on the domU config file. It seems to work, a nosmp NetBSD domu with a SMP debian dom0. I'd be interested in the details of how the smp/nosmp nature of the xen kernel and the dom0 effect the domU, if anyone has information or links.