Subject: Re: isolated "internal" network?
To: Geert Hendrickx <ghen@NetBSD.org>
From: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
List: port-xen
Date: 09/13/2006 07:50:46
--=-=-=

Why do you need to bridge to another interface at all?  On my dom0
box, I have fxp0 and xvifN.0 for 3 values of N.  In my case, I have
them all bridged, and the xvifNs do not have addresses.  But you could
just put an address on one of those in your private segment and
routing should work.

Alternatively you could create a tap and write program that reads and
discards frames, but you migth have to write them back if they match
the address.

Probably lo(4) needs bridge support, and adding that would be the
right thing really.

=2D-=20

    Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>

--=-=-=