Subject: Re: VT-enabled cpu support roadmap
To: Joel CARNAT <joel@carnat.net>
From: Quentin Garnier <cube@cubidou.net>
List: port-xen
Date: 09/08/2006 19:42:11
--VSJGZE3ajDCqFLUt

On Fri, Sep 08, 2006 at 07:26:22PM +0200, Joel CARNAT wrote:
> I have to triple-check (google give YES and NO answers) but it seems
> my Dell D620 has VT-enabled (with a CoreDuo T2300).

Well, there are two versions of the CoreDuo T2300;  the T2300E doesn't
support VT.  We should probably print the flag in dmesg but it will add
silliness to an already overloaded identcpu.c...

> Does NetBSD/xen3 already supports virtualization via VT-enabled chip ?

I don't think so.  I've intended to try for a while, but haven't
found the time yet.  I do know, however, that NetBSD doesn't run in
a HVM domU (blame it on the qemu backend).

> If not, which place does this feature have in to xen3 TODO list ?

That depends if anyone is working on it.  You can always try and donate
a VT (or SVM which is the AMD counterpart)-enabled system to Manuel with
hope it could speed up the process :-)

--=20

--VSJGZE3ajDCqFLUt

--VSJGZE3ajDCqFLUt--