Subject: Re: How to put Extra-Options in Xen 3.0
To: None <port-xen@NetBSD.org>
From: roger <roger@gwch.net>
List: port-xen
Date: 08/19/2006 07:42:19
roger <roger <at> gwch.net> writes:

> Mark Weinem <mark.weinem <at> onlinehome.de> writes:
>

> > roger wrote:
> > > As i have seen, NetBDS 3.0.1 ships with DomU-Kernels a symbols.gz.
> > >
> > > If i boot my guest, i get the message, that the symbols-table is not
> found.
> > > Maybe this would help, if i could load the symbols-table as a kernel-option
> >
> > Do you still use Xen2? Because NetBSD 3.0.1 only supports Xen2. If you
> > want a DomU for Xen3 you should go for NetBSD 3-stable:
> >
> > ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/netbsd-3/200608120000Z/i386
> >
> > Maybe it works if you move netbsd-INSTALL_XEN3_DOMU.symbols.gz to the
> > directory where the netbsd-INSTALL_XEN3_DOMU kernel is (don't forget to
> > uncompress).
> >
> > Greetings, Mark Weinem
> >

> Thats what i loaded down (i remember the file-ending XEN3) und what i did. I
> even get those symbols messages.
>
> Rog

I tried today with netbsd-4 from daily. its still the same. -INSTALL-Kernel
shows Symbol Table missing. Normal Kernel stops. Both show this:

Normal Kernel:
panic: HYPERVISOR_mmu_update failed

Stopped in pid 0.1 (swapper) at netbsd:cpu_Debugger+0x4:        popl    %ebp

Install Kernel:
[Symbol table missing]
panic: HYPERVISOR_mmu_update failed

Stopped in pid 0.1 (swapper) at 0xc0200e3d:     leave

The symboltable is now in the same dir as the install-kernel. I have no idea :-(

Roger