Domain 0 kernel, DAC960 and SMP

Hi folks,

I'm trying to setup a XEN0 domain on a dual-CPU machine with a
DAC960-based RAID card. dmesg output from my "regular" GERNIC.MP kernel
looks like this:

 mlx0 at pci0 dev 12 function 1: Mylex RAID (v4 interface)
 mlx0: interrupting at ioapic0 pin 5 (irq 5)
 mlx0: DAC960PRL, 1 channel, firmware 4.08-0-37, 16MB RAM
 ld0 at mlx0 unit 0: RAID5, online
 ld0: 70040 MB, 8928 cyl, 255 head, 63 sec, 512 bytes/sect x 143441920 sector

Grub works fine, but the XEN0 kernel doesnt' appear to have support for
either SMP or the RAID hardware. Grub boots, then fires up the XEN0
kernel, which ends up a prompt requesting a root device.

Is building a custom Xen kernel for this as easy as adding in the
GENERIC.MP changes and something like this for device support?:

 mlx*    at pci? dev ? function ?        # Mylex DAC960 & DEC SWXCR family
 ld*     at mlx? unit ?

Or is Xen support necessary in the device drivers and therefore the
mlx/ld devices are not usable?

Thanks for any info that you can provide,

-T

--
"Our opinions become fixed at the point where we stopped thinking."
    -- Renan