Re: Xen and VLANs

On Thu, Jan 05, 2006 at 11:09:35PM +0100, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> I tried this too, and this doesn't work. The problem is with the way
> bridge and vlan works, once you have a brige packets will never be
> passed to the vlan interfaces (or the opposite, I don't remember).

The problem with bridges and VLANs is not limited to NetBSD/Xen -
I saw it in OpenBSD/i386 too. I think I solvewd it by bridging the
physical interfaces (to bridge the untagged - default VLAN) and then
create vlan* devices for every network interface and bridge them together
(to connect tagged VLAN). Apparently the bridge on physical interfaces did
not stop packets to vlan interfaces, but the tagged packet coming through
bridge were not passed to the vlan interface.

Pavel Cahyna