Subject: Re: Error: Error creating domain: (0, 'Error')
To: None <port-xen@netbsd.org>
From: Florian Heigl <floh@deranfangvomen.de>
List: port-xen
Date: 01/04/2006 16:14:07
Hi,

even if the problem is already resolved, I'd like to add a hint,
at least for feeding it into google :)

On Tue, Jan 03, 2006 at 05:46:37PM +0100, Joel CARNAT wrote:

> At the point of creating my first domain, I get :
> 	Error: Error creating domain: (0, 'Error')
>
> Didn't found any interesting info on google...
> Any idea what I do wrong ?

The /var/log/xend-debug.log usually holds more human parsable entries
than backtracing through python.

I also managed to have random config file errors creating messages
like (0, Error) and most of the time resolved them using trial and error.
A few months later I noticed the messages in the log which were quite
explicit on what I was doing wrong, i.e. using xen-testing kernel images
on stable xen, using domain config files as kernel (yes, I hit that one, too)
and a few more...

Always check the debug log ;)

Florian