Subject: Re: Using the Xen Demo CD 2.0.6
To: None <eric.delcamp@free.fr>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: port-xen
Date: 12/30/2005 19:51:31
On Fri, Dec 30, 2005 at 01:53:49PM +0100, eric.delcamp@free.fr wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've burned the 2.0.6 Xen demo CD. I want to use the NetBSD image file system on
> the CD, under a NetBSD domU. But I dont know the file format, how to mount it on
> filesystem or how to copy it on a partition.
> Could you help me ?

I don't know this CD. I guess the dom0 is a linux system ?
The NetBSD image probably has a disklabel and a FFS partition.
I guess you'll have to use a loopback device (the equivalent of NetBSD's
vnd(4)) to mount it, but I don't know how to do this with linux.
But if you create a domain with a NetBSD kernel and this image as
block device, it should boot and mount its root from xbd0a.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>