Re: Keeping time in guest domains

On Sat, Dec 10, 2005 at 03:06:48AM +0000, Johnny C. Lam wrote:
> What's the right way to keep the right time in guest domains?  I'm
> running NetBSD-3.0_BETA on an old dual Xeon box.  I have ntpd running
> in the privileged domain, but nothing time-related running in the
> guest domains.  The dom0 clock is correct and stays correct, but the
> domU clocks all drift ahead -- they're currently 8 minutes fast after
> about a month of uptime.  Should I be running ntpd processes in each
> of the guest domains that update from the dom0 ntpd?  Or is there some
> smarter way to do this?

Actually I run ntpd on each of my domUs.
I still have issues with the time going wrong on occasions, going forward
then backward by up half an hour (mrtg is quite unhappy with this). I didn't
track this down yet, and I'm short of idea from where it can come.
I'm starting to suspect hardware issue (I've got other issues with this
SMP board brand).