Re: xentools20 updated to 2.0.6

On Tue, 24 May 2005 04:40:33 +0200
Juan RP <juan%xtrarom.org@localhost> wrote:

> Hi, I've just updated sysutils/xentools20 package to 2.0.6, unpack it
> on pkgsrc/sysutils and remove the old xentools20 directory.
>
> http://www.xtrarom.org/pkgsrc/xentools20.tar.gz
>
> Works fine for me, please report any problem with this.
>
> TODO:
>
>       * Install scripts into ${EGDIR}
>       * Use PKG_SYSCONFDIR for configuration files

Bah I was a bit bored and I fixed these things, new package
in the same URL.

Now the installation shows that:

Installing files needed by xentools20-2.0.6:

        /usr/pkg/etc/xen/block-enbd
            [/usr/pkg/share/examples/xen/block-enbd]

        /usr/pkg/etc/xen/block-file
            [/usr/pkg/share/examples/xen/block-file]

        /usr/pkg/etc/xen/network
            [/usr/pkg/share/examples/xen/network]

        /usr/pkg/etc/xen/vif-bridge
            [/usr/pkg/share/examples/xen/vif-bridge]

        /usr/pkg/etc/xen/xend-config.sxp
            [/usr/pkg/share/examples/xen/xend-config.sxp]

        /usr/pkg/etc/xen/xmexample1
            [/usr/pkg/share/examples/xen/xmexample1]

        /usr/pkg/etc/xen/xmexample2
            [/usr/pkg/share/examples/xen/xmexample2]

        /usr/pkg/etc/xen/xmexample3
            [/usr/pkg/share/examples/xen/xmexample3]

Now it uses PKG_SYSCONFDIR, we should update our Xen-Howto.

More things to do:

        * Check for /kern/xen/privcmd in the rc.d/xend script, so that
          we start it safely (otherwise we'll see some weird errors when
          we aren't using NetBSD/Xen).
        * Modify vif-bridge to use bridge(4) (Quentin Garnier's diff)
          and ifconfig(8) example from our Xen-Howto.

First one was suggested by Martti Kupparinen.

The xmexample files maybe should be renamed to linuxdomU-exampleX?