Re: experiences with 3.0_BETA

On Mon, May 23, 2005 at 02:28:53PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> On Sun, May 22, 2005 at 01:47:51PM +0200, Pavel Cahyna wrote:
> >
> > 1/ most serious: Xfree86 crashed with signal 11 when switching desktops in
> > windowmaker. This never happened with my 2.0_BETA/i386 kernel. The whole
> > userland is 2.0_BETA, but this shouldn't matter, no? What could be done to
> > debug this?
>
> It could be because NetBSD/Xen doesn't support MTTR yet. Known issue, and
> I think there is even a PR open about this

Could this cause such a random crash? I thought that MTRR (did you mean
that?) are here only as an optimization. The PR (29759) doesn't say why
should be Xfree86 crashes attributed to the lack of MTRR support. BTW, in
my case, glxgears doesn't cause X server crash, at least not in 5 seconds.

Bye     Pavel