Subject: Re: -current broken due to kernfs changes
To: Juan RP <juan@xtrarom.org>
From: Chuck Silvers <chuq@chuq.com>
List: port-xen
Date: 05/23/2005 12:03:22
On Mon, May 23, 2005 at 08:12:50PM +0200, Juan RP wrote:
> On Mon, 23 May 2005 09:58:06 -0700
> Chuck Silvers <chuq@chuq.com> wrote:
>
> > the only effect of this change is that mmap() of kernfs files now
> > fails, instead of reporting success and then failing later page-
> > faults on those mappings.  I don't see how this could cause problems
> > for xend.
> >
> > could we get a ktrace dump of the xend problem?
>
> Sure, attached. (I used "ktrace -i xend").

in that ktrace output, mmap() doesn't fail anywhere, which would have been
the effect of the kernfs change that I made.

the only reference to /kern at all is that xend opens /kern/xen/privcmd,
but as far as I can tell it doesn't do anything with that file descriptor.

I don't see how this is related to the kernfs change.

-Chuck