freezes with NetBSD 3.99.3 / Xen 2.0.5

Not sure whether this is a Xen issue or something to do with -current, hence the cross posting ...

I have put together a box running NetBSD/Xen with Xen kernel 2.0.5 and NetBSD 3.99.3.

After some initial problems getting the machine to boot with grub it seems to be mostly fine. Unfortunately the machine appears to freeze completely for a few seconds every ten minutes or so. On monitoring the console I have noticed the external USB keyboard detach and reattach, although the freezes still occur with it unplugged.

Also, it seems that the system clock is running slow - by almost 40 minutes after three days and root in domain0 doesn't seem to be able to change it with date or ntpd. Thirdly, whenever there is a lot of serial port activity (even at 9600bd) the machine seems to slow down markedly - I haven't done any major testing on this, but I have noticed that a networked mp3 stream from the machine to my hardware mp3 player begins to get very very choppy at the same time ...

Has anyone else noticed these problems with a setup like this?

Also, I've configured grub to use the PC console to display the menu and use the serial console as the console for the domain0 NetBSD instance. As I use screen on the serial console I keep invoking Xen kernel's attention string accidentally as it uses three ^A in a row ... is there any way to tell Xen to use some other string, say ^T or something else? Or perhaps tell Xen to ignore the serial console altogether and just use the PC console?

Regards,
Malcolm

--
Malcolm Herbert