Subject: Re: Re: custom kernel (from NetBSD one)
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Joel CARNAT <joel@carnat.net>
List: port-xen
Date: 05/09/2005 21:17:54
--LQksG6bCIzRHxTLp

On Mon, May 09 2005 - 16:27, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> On Sat, May 07, 2005 at 06:07:16PM +0200, Joel CARNAT wrote:
> > Hi,
> >=20
> > just booting XEN0 (from netbsd-3 src) I see there is no ACPI nor
> > CardBus support. As I have a laptop with bad APM issues and atheros
> > wifi cardbus for connection, I feel a bit disapointed ;)
> >=20
> > 1. is there ACPI and/or cardbus support on Xen (domain0) ?
>=20
> No. ACPI can't be done as it's not exported by the Xen kernel to the doma=
ins.
> ACPI is managed by the Xen kernel itself.

 OK, as soon as the apm thing from NetBSD is not here too.
 It seems to hang my laptop :(

> I'm not sure cardbus can work either, because the domain0 kernel doesn't
> have access to the interrupt routing informations (but the Xen kernel may
> take care of that).

 I just tried boot xenlive iso and the linux domain0 don't see it.
 One trouble is that it is atheros and Linux does not know them straight :(

 Extending this hardware question, I planned to use Xen to use Linux|FreeBSD
 IEEE DV cam support. I'm wondering if this will work... As it seems Xen is=
 not
 100% like the domainX system (in terms of hardware support).
=20
 Does it make sense to run Linux|FreeBSD in domainX if NetBSD/Xen (in domai=
n0) don't
 support whatever hardware (DV cam recorder, USB umass for digital camerai =
or even ATI
 Linux drivers) ?

--=20
,- This mail runs ------.