Re: Is NetBSD domain0 ready for production server?

On Tue, Mar 29, 2005 at 01:20:32PM +0300, Martti Kuparinen wrote:
> I'm getting two new Dell PowerEdges with 4 GB of RAM. My plan is
> to be able to run several (non-CPU intensive) virtual machines
> on these servers. My question is: is NetBSD domain0 (3.99.x) stable
> enough for production servers or should I use Linux instead?
> I'd appreciate your unbiased answer (this is not an attempt to
> start a NetBSD vs Linux war).

I've not got a doamin0 crash for a long time now on my tests boxes.
I also have a production box running 3.0_BETA on a domain0 (I've
not configured any other domains yet). I should put another one
running network services in a few days.

So IMHO the the aserw is yes. I'd use 3.0_BETA instead of current, though.

> At least one problem I found is that I'm unable to use files
> in the local filesystem with vnconfig (port-xen/29775). This
> feature seems to work fine with Linux domain0 though.

Yes, I'm working on a fix for this. The real problem is in vnd(4).