xen & FPU

On Thu, Mar 17, 2005 at 05:37:01PM +0100, Quentin Garnier wrote:
> Please have a look at the FPU register trashing issue, I'm really not sure
> I'll have time to track it done any time soon (it's your fault, Xen works
> too well so I'm already using it actively).

Well, is seems that the FPU stuff needs more work. From xen/i386/npx.c:
int
npxintr(void *arg, struct intrframe iframe)
{
        struct cpu_info *ci = curcpu();
        struct lwp *l = ci->ci_fpcurlwp;
        union savefpu *addr;
        struct intrframe *frame = &iframe;
        struct npx_softc *sc;
        ksiginfo_t ksi;

        sc = npx_softc;

        uvmexp.traps++;
        IPRINTF(("%s: fp intr\n", ci->ci_dev->dv_xname));
        panic("not supported\n");

Building yorick-1.5.12 from pkgsrc is enouth to trigger this, a test in
the configure scripts makes the domU panic.