Subject: Re: Xen 2.0 howto
To: Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih@eunetnorge.no>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: port-xen
Date: 03/17/2005 19:31:25
On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 07:16:14AM +0100, Tom Ivar Helbekkmo wrote:
> Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org> writes:
>
> > It's supposed to work, but I didn't try that much video adapters.
> > What is your adapter ? Can you send me the /var/log/XFree86.0.log ?
>
> Sure -- attaching my /etc/XF86Config (mostly autogenerated by X),
> XFree86.0.log.i386, XFree86.0.log.xen, and a diff -u of those two.

OK, so from a quick look, it seems that your issues are because of the
missing VESA BIOS. I think it's expected that the BIOS (Int10) isn't
available under Xen. You should be able to provide the needed info
to XFree in the XF86Config file, though (modelines, display size, HorizSync
and VertRefresh, etc ...).

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>