Subject: Re: Cannot use multiple disks in domU! (missing /dev/xbd[1...9]*
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Juan RP <juan@xtraeme.nopcode.org>
List: port-xen
Date: 03/15/2005 20:34:47
On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 20:11:00 +0100
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org> wrote:

> I would retain only xbd0, to leave some room for other devices in the ramdisk.
> If users really need it, they cann run MAKEDEV after boot, but my prefered
> way to do an install this way would be to export the CD via FTP or NFS from
> domain0. After all, we also have a working network between the 2 virtual
> machines :)

You are right, we cannot add more devices... I tried setting up the network in
a domU, without success.

I have the script /etc/xen/scripts/vif-bridge there (it's just the same than it's
in the Xen Howto), but when I have the parameters specified, it cannot ping
to my gateway.

Do you know what do I need for this? do I have to edit the vif-bridge script to
specify the bridge, etc?

Thanks.