Subject: Re: Real disklabel in domU (when using sysinst)
To: Juan RP <juan@xtraeme.nopcode.org>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: port-xen
Date: 03/15/2005 20:13:36
On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 02:55:22AM +0100, Juan RP wrote:

> Hi, I think we'd have to fix the problem with sysinst in the partition menu, because
> first time it runs, the real disklabel is merged with the virtual partitions... can we use
> an empty disklabel for xbd*? it should be clearer, and the user won't need to know
> that he should to remove the 'physical partitions' in there.

I don't understand what the problem is here. Either there were already a
domU install on the partition you've exported from dom0 (in which case
you may want to keep them) or the partition was used for something else
(in which case the kernel shouldn't find a disklabel here).

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>