Subject: Issues with FPU
To: None <port-xen@netbsd.org>
From: Quentin Garnier <cube@cubidou.net>
List: port-xen
Date: 03/15/2005 09:09:09
--dyTp/pkqtoagvozp

Hi all,

Using NetBSD as a Domain-0 kernel (haven't tried anything further yet),
I have troubles with FPU-using applications.

Well, at least I have strong clues about the FPU registers being trashed
somehow.

Yesterday, after a first successful boot of NetBSD/Xen, I noticed beeps
and cracks coming out of my speakers.  First I thought of an issue with
auich(4) and maybe the interrupts, but beeps could happen only on one
channel, so it wasn't likely to be such a problem.

Then I noticed the problem only happens with Ogg files, I can play (with
the same player) WAV and MP3 files just fine.

I've just tried tremor (audio/tremor-tools), which is a fixed-point
implementation of Ogg, and it plays my Ogg files just fine too.

Only libogg uses the FPU.

I probably won't have much time to work on this any further today, but
I can try patches.

--=20

--dyTp/pkqtoagvozp

--dyTp/pkqtoagvozp--