Subject: Re: bouyer-xen2 branch status
To: TLD <tld@tld.digitalcurse.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: port-xen
Date: 12/20/2004 22:21:03
On Sun, Dec 19, 2004 at 11:24:18PM +0100, TLD wrote:
> Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> > checkout your NetBSD-current sources as usual:
> > setenv CVS_RSH ssh
> > cvs -d anoncvs@<your favorite mirror>:/cvsroot co -PA src
> > Then get the bits from the branch:
> > cd src/sys/arch/xen
> > cvs -d anoncvs@<your favorite mirror>:/cvsroot up -dPA -r bouyer-xen2
> > Then build a kernel from the XEN configuration file.
>
> Please excuse me for being a bit dull, but the above does not work for me :'(
>
> When I do the second step (-r bouyer-xen2) I get errors like:
> cvs update: include/hypervisor-ifs/block.h is no longer in the repository
> cvs update: include/hypervisor-ifs/dom0_ops.h is no longer in the repository
> cvs update: include/hypervisor-ifs/dom_mem_ops.h is no longer in the repository
> cvs update: include/hypervisor-ifs/hypervisor-if.h is no longer in the
> repository
> cvs update: include/hypervisor-ifs/kbd.h is no longer in the repository
> cvs update: include/hypervisor-ifs/network.h is no longer in the repository
> cvs update: include/hypervisor-ifs/vbd.h is no longer in the repository

These are not errors, these files don't effectively exists any more in the
branch.

> While patching against 2.0 official is even worse.

The branch won't work against NetBSD 2.0. It's really for current.

> Perhaps a different date?

There hasn't been much changes to current since friday. with today's current
it should still work.

> Alternatively, could please someone give me a (per-compiled?) generic
> non-dom0 netbsd kernel which works in Xen 2.0.1? Xen's default doesn't :(

Unfortunably I can't right now, I'm on hollidays and away from my developement
boxes.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>