Subject: bouyer-xen2 branch status
To: None <port-xen@NetBSD.org>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: port-xen
Date: 12/17/2004 13:48:17
Hi,
I just commited a snapshot of work in progress to the bouyer-xen2 branch.
Basically, a kernel compiled from the branch should work as guest on a
xen 2.0.1 system (at last it does for me). To get the branch:
checkout your NetBSD-current sources as usual:
setenv CVS_RSH ssh
cvs -d anoncvs@<your favorite mirror>:/cvsroot co -PA src
Then get the bits from the branch:
cd src/sys/arch/xen
cvs -d anoncvs@<your favorite mirror>:/cvsroot up -dPA -r bouyer-xen2
Then build a kernel from the XEN configuration file.

TODO list for the non-domain0 stuff:
- complete merging of changes between i386/2.0 and current to the relevant
  xen files
- find out why xbd will hang at autoconf when I remove the printf in
  xennet_ctrlif_rx()
- properly fix the spllower() issue (may require changes to x86/include/intr.h)
- finish work on xencons.c so that ddb is usable.
- xencons_rx() is called at splhigh() so we have a race condition wuth the
  tty system here (CALLBACK_IN_BLOCKING_CONTEXT will break the work I did
  on pollc/getc here).
- any other things I didn't see yet :)

Many thanks to Christian Limpach who handled my flood of questions in a
timely manner.

I will now leave Paris for 2 weeks, so I won't work much on this.
I may start working on the domain0 stuff, though.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>