Re: Xen 1.2 - problems solved!

Hi !

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
> > +       movl    $0,%ebx

> This change makes an *enormous* difference in performance on one of the
> TNF servers.  I will commit it and request a pullup for 2.1.

It should boost performance, as it now doesn't loop endlessly when idle :)
As 2.1 will take a while, i will clean up this a bit and also try to include
the bits for terminating a domain on shutdown. Currently, after shutdown, the
kernel also eats up the CPU, the domain must be manually destroyed after
shutdown.

And if this works, i'll try to gather the necessary information to include the
Xen 2.0 stuff into the current hypervisor interface, hoping it's possible to
put both interfaces into the same sources to auto-detect which Xen-version is
running. But this step could take a while due to my limited time for this :)

At least i have a fine development base now.

BTW... in vmware, NetBSD/xen performs quite bad compared to NetBSD/i386, but on
real hardware it works very fine. As the Linux stuff works also fast in VMware,
there might be something left to fix, maybe i find it.

...Michael

--
http://www.unixiron.org/    Home Powered by: (Net|Open|Free)BSD IRIX NonStop-UX
Solaris AIX HP-UX Tru64 MUNIX Ultrix VMS SINIX Dolphin_Unix OpenStep MacOS A/UX