Subject: Re: NetBSD and Xen 2.0
To: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
From: Pavel Cahyna <pcah8322@artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz>
List: port-xen
Date: 12/10/2004 20:36:35
> On Thu, Dec 09, 2004 at 04:14:19PM +0100, Pavel Cahyna wrote:
> >
> > OK, since those two versions of Xen are essentially two different virtual
> > machines it seems, why not have two NetBSD ports: xen and xen2?
>
> Are you volunteering to maintain one of the ports?

Good question :-) Certainly not until summer, then I'll see.

Also, I do not understand what exactly were you trying to tell: that there
is a general lack of manpower, or that maintaining two separate ports has
noticeably more overhead that having one for both versions of Xen? If it
was the latter, I didn't know that. If the former, then maybe the best
thing would be to abandon xen12 support completely when xen20 support is
ready to further reduce maintenance cost - will anybody care about Xen1.2
when NetBSD 3.0 is released?

Bye	Pavel