Subject: Re: No success. Absolutely none.
To: Michael Kukat <michael@unixiron.org>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: port-xen
Date: 12/09/2004 07:15:30
On Thu, Dec 09, 2004 at 10:38:00AM +0100, Michael Kukat wrote:
> Hello,
>
> okay, i'm trying around for hours and days now. i don't get any bit of NetBSD
> working with Xen 1.2. I read all this ML archive several times, and i
> absolutely can't imagine the following things:

Well, I don't know what to tell you.  Three times now, I've followed
Christian's original instructions from this mailing lists and it has
just worked.

> - how do you get a kernel booted directly?

I don't understand what you mean by "directly".

> - where do you see this xen12load?

I was wrong; it is in the source tree.  It does in fact build for me in
a 2.0 tree.

> - why do you get console messages?

"why", or "how"?  You can get console messages for client domains with
one of the python scripts in the "xentools" package; messages for
domain 0 should display on the screen (though all my Xen boxes use
serial console, so I have no direct experience with this).

It sounds like your grub configuration may be wrong, or like there may
be a problem with your Python files.  If I get the chance later today
I will tar up the ones from one of my Xen boxes and put them where you
can get them.

Thor