Subject: Re: NetBSD version in Xenolinux ?
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@unixiron.org>
List: port-xen
Date: 12/07/2004 21:28:46
Hi !

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> Is special NetBSD/xen userland required too, or will NetBSD/xen kernel be
> enough, with "normal" NetBSD/i386 userland?

I played around with Xen a bit for now, but never got NetBSD running in it. But
i think, you just need the special xen Kernel for this, as it's just a matter
of "drivers" for the abstraction layer of your devices.

This assumption is somewhat based on the fact that you can install any Linux
distro into Xen, you just need the Xen kernel to have it running.

...Michael

--
http://www.unixiron.org/    Home Powered by: (Net|Open|Free)BSD IRIX NonStop-UX
Solaris AIX HP-UX Tru64 MUNIX Ultrix VMS SINIX Dolphin_Unix OpenStep MacOS A/UX