Port-x68k archive

Re: Box drawings char support on x68k and atari kernel for sysinst

On Wed, Jun 22, 2022 at 09:21:49PM +0900, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
> The essencial problem is that wscons(4) lacks
> (but ancient x68k ite(4) still supports):
> - ISO-2022-JP multibyte support
> - EUC-JP support (currently broken but will be fixed soon after my changes)
> - displaying Japanese character using the X680x0 on-board Kanji CG-ROM

Very cool!

> If we have never be able to reach the reasonable goal for >25 years,
> I think we should rather consider acceptable and implementable compromise.

Too bad the uwscons effort ended as a dead end and we never got
something like that. But even if we had, on restricted hardware like we
are talking about here something very special like the on-board Kanji
CG-ROM is worth to support.

Martin