Re: (maybe) crash your VAX from userspace

On Sat 23 Mar 2024 at 01:37:21 +0100, Alexander Schreiber wrote:
> While I was investigating network-activity related SIMH/vax crashes
> (as in: the simulator segfaulted),

If you can create a nice self-contained test case for that, and it still
crashes with the latest version of https://github.com/open-simh/simh/,
then please report it there.

The version in pkgsrc-current/emulators/open-simh is currently 1 commit
behind; but that is for the Sigma emulator.  If you want to use it to
build the latest version anyway, just replace the GITHUB_TAG in the
Makefile with the latest one and it will most likely work.

If the problem exists with the pkgsrc version but not an unchanged
upstream version, or vice versa, that would also be interesting to know.

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert                            <rhialto/at/falu.nl>
\X/ There is no AI. There is just someone else's work.           --I. Rose