Re: [DOC] Building the VAX Install ISO locally after installing from a Linux cross-built Install ISO

On Fri, 2024-03-15 13:21:02 +0100, Jan-Benedict Glaw <jbglaw%lug-owl.de@localhost> wrote:
> On Fri, 2024-01-05 23:25:59 +0100, Jan-Benedict Glaw <jbglaw%lug-owl.de@localhost> wrote:
> >   Right now, a 4000/60 with 80 MB RAM and a 2 GB system disk
> > emulated on a PiSCSI is running with an installation cross-compiled
> > from Linux based on this commit:
> >
> > # echo $NETBSD_SHELL
> > 20220122 BUILD:20231222175549Z
>
> With the previously mentioned script, a full NetBSD build succeeded,
> with no local patches!
[...]
> Next step is to copy the ISO image to my CI host and use it to install
> a SIMH vax.

Just to mention: With that image, I'd automatically install a new and
working SIMH instance. Does anybody remember when VAX was properly
able to build itself the last time?

  So on to the next steps: Getting GCC 12 up'n'running and fixing
current Python 3 (add back VAX FP.)

MfG, JBG