Re: VAXstation 3100/30 KA420 SCSI DMA problem on netboot (and fix)

kwellsch@ wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 21, 2024 at 01:33:24AM +0900, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
> >
> > To confirm this, could you try "fsck after newfs" tests on
> > a SCSI disk drive on your m76?
>
> Thank you for your excellent instructions - I hope I have followed them
> correctly.  For all of this testing I took a copy of the 10/RC4 source
> and did a cross-build to an iso, the source has your patch applied to it.

 :

Thank you for all your confirmation.

There is no visible error both on netboot and SCSI boot,
so we can assume we don't have to add extra operations for KA43
to switch to the "Big DMA" mode (to avoid KA410 compatible 16KB DMA).

It isn't still unclear if KA43 has the "compatible DMA mode" for
software written for KA410 as a certain document mentions, but
even if it does we can assume the KA43 firmware handle the settings
properly.

Thanks again!
---
Izumi Tsutsui