Re: vax wscons setting questions

On 2024-02-04 15:35, Anders Magnusson wrote:
Den 2024-02-04 kl. 15:25, skrev Hans Rosenfeld:
change wscons tty names to ttyE* to avoid clashes with the pty namespace
I think we no longer use pty in /dev (using ptyfs instead)
so there is no conflict, but I wonder if it's worth for vax
to use ttyE[0-7] for wscons in ttys(5) and remove "vt0" target
for ttyw[0-7] from MAKEDEV.
I don't know what VAX model you're using, but my 4k90 uses ttyE[0-7] for
wscons. All ttyw[0-7] are commented out in /etc/ttys, but then there's a
comment above those indicating they are for VAXstation 3100
framebuffers?
You must have done that yourself then, because MAKEDEV.conf says ttyE is dmf32 :-)

I was going to say something similar. I definitely remembered that ttyE was for some serial, but didn't have time to even find which one before I saw your comment here. :-)

Update's 8650 is now in storage, but that one actually have a DMF32.

  Johnny