re: No libfb.so module in netbsd-10 on HAVE_XORG_SERVER_VER=110 ports?

Izumi Tsutsui writes:

> > > if it isn't necessary, i guess removing is the right thing.
> >
> > Sure, I'll remove XMODULEDIRANDSTATIC= from dixmods/fb/Makefile and
> > commit fixes once after a test of "build.sh release -V MKDEBUG=yes" here.
>
> Somehow vax build works with this change but all other builds
> for other x.org=1.10 ports (alpha, netwinder, and sgimips) failed.
>  https://releng.netbsd.org/builds/HEAD/202401261810Z/alpha.build.failed
>
> ---
> dependall ===> external/mit/xorg/server/xorg-server.old/hw/xfree86/Xorg
> nbmake[13]: don't know how to make /home/builds/ab/HEAD/alpha/202401261810Z-obj/home/source/ab/HEAD/src/external/mit/xorg/server/xorg-server.old/hw/xfree86/d
> ixmods/fb/libfb.a. Stop
> nbmake[13]: stopped in /home/source/ab/HEAD/src/external/mit/xorg/server/xorg-server.old/hw/xfree86/Xorg
> ---
>
> I've reverted this change and I will investe how this
> (i.e. required during build, but should not be installed)
> should be handled.

odd.  i plan to switch netwinder and alpha to xorg 1.20 btw,
and i believe vax can also switch.  AFAICT, sgimips is the
only port with actual users that need xorg 1.10 -- we'll
lose alpha turbochannel fb support, but i have not been able
to find anyone using it, and the rest seem to work.  so, vax
probably would switch sooner than later (i have to confirm
usages with some people before moving this one yet..)

not that switching matters -- these are problems with 1.10
and we could/should fix them before obsoleting. :)

thanks.

.mrg.