Re: No libfb.so module in netbsd-10 on HAVE_XORG_SERVER_VER=110 ports?

mrg@ wrote:

> your patch looks like what i'd expect to see, please commit.

Thanks for your confirmation.

After several tests, it turns out my patch had a botch
(leftover of obsolete line for xf86RamDac.h) and
there is another design issue.

The postinstall command still removes libfb.a:

---
Target directory: /s/netbsd-10/src/obj.vax/destdir.vax/
obsolete fix:
        Removed obsolete file /s/netbsd-10/src/obj.vax/destdir.vax//usr/X11R7/lib/modules/libfb.a
postinstall fixes passed: obsolete
---

Actually libfb.a in src/distrib/sets/lists/xserver/md.vax
(and maybe all other md list files?) is marked as obsolete, but
src/external/mit/xorg/server/xorg-server.old/hw/xfree86/dixmods/fb/Makefile
still has the following line:

---
XMODULEDIRANDSTATIC=    # defined
---

so src/external/mit/xorg/server/xorg-server.old/Makefile.servermod
sets MKSTATICLIB and static libfb.a is built and installed:

---
.if defined(XMODULEDIR)
SHLIB_MAJOR=0

# dri, dri2 and fb need to be linked statically as well?
.if !defined(XMODULEDIRANDSTATIC)
MKSTATICLIB:=   no
.endif

.else
---

Maybe should we also remove XMODULEDIRANDSTATIC= line from
dixmods/fb/Makefile?
Or should I rather remove "obsolete" from list files?

> thanks, and sorry for breaking it originally.

No problem.
all affected ports (X.org 1.10) are in Tier-II and our port page says
"keeping it working is the responsibility of the user community"
for the Tier-II ports.

I wonder if we should stop "postinstall-fix-obsolete" on makesetfiles
to detect errors in set files during daily build..

---
Izumi Tsutsui