Re: [DOC] Building the VAX Install ISO locally after installing from a Linux cross-built Install ISO

On Fri, 2024-01-05 23:25:59 +0100, Jan-Benedict Glaw <jbglaw%lug-owl.de@localhost> wrote:
>   Now it was finally time to start the build. I prepared another
> wrapper script to hopefully not forget some settings:
> # cat call_build_sh.sh
> #!/usr/bin/env sh
>
> for hard_soft in -H -S; do
>         for lim in -v -m -d -s; do
>                 echo ulimit $hard_soft $lim unlimited
>                 ulimit $hard_soft $lim unlimited
>         done
> done

As of this commit
(----------------------------------------------------------------------
commit 1c89a52fc830df45d83b8ae496c2b1fdbfb95792
Author: mrg <mrg%NetBSD.org@localhost>
Date:   Thu Jan 11 04:33:45 2024 +0000

    vax: set default RLIMIT_AS to the same as MAXDSIZ

    this allows modern GCC to run without returning to the issues that
    reported in PR#28379, and avoids a strange sort-of-invariant violation
    where the rlimit for data equaled the rlimit for all address space, so
    there is no room for text or stack etc.

    ok ragge@

    XXX: pullup-10
the above loop _should_ no longer be needed. So no specific
preparation is needed any longer to do a local build!

MfG, JBG