Re: Ultrix compat_label: is loop useless?

On Tue 09 Jan 2024 at 08:43:33 -0500, Mouse wrote:
> What function does the loop serve?  It looks to me as though it is
> always exited, via either goto or break, on its very first iteration,
> and thus could be replaced by just the assignment in the for loop's
> init part.

I looked at the loop and my impression is the same.

I guess it was meant at some point to find an un-aligned disklabel, or
something like that.

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert                            <rhialto/at/falu.nl>
\X/ There is no AI. There is just someone else's work.           --I. Rose