Re: VAX 4000-200 in BA215 chassis. Will NetBSD support the built-in DSSI disks if I install a KFQSA?

That should work just fine. The disks don't care which controller they are connected to. And they don't know where they have been mounted physically.

With that said, I seem to remember I had some issues with the KFQSA when using it. Worked for a while, but something got stuck after a while in NetBSD. Probably some bug in a driver interacting with that specific controller.

  Johnny

On 2024-01-02 20:08, thomas dzubin wrote:
I know NetBSD does NOT support the SHAC DSSI controller on the KA660
CPU cards, but if I take a KFQSA controller from one of my other VAX,
can the chassis "internal" DSSI disks be disconnected and then
re-connected to the KFQSA card bypassing the SHAC chips on the CPU
card?

I've got a couple of VAX 4000-200 boxes, but they only run OpenVMS
now, but I'd like to install NetBSD on them.

has anyone tried this?
Happy 2024 everyone,

Thomas Dzubin
Calgary, Vancouver, and Saskatoon