Re: Clock drift and other open issues: Collecting information

On Sat, Dec 30, 2023 at 02:24:05PM +0100, Johnny Billquist wrote:
> On 2023-12-30 14:19, Anders Magnusson wrote:
> > Physical amount of memory do not have anything to do with exhausted
> > virtual memory.
>
> I know. Just wanted to cover all possible questions people might have.
>
> > Please check your limits (% limit)
>
> They are the same.

It's the vmem limit (ulimit -v). The default of 128M is too little to
build gcc. On my 4k90 I bumped it to 256M on my system and suddenly my
built worked.

Perhaps we should bump the default value?

Hans

--
%SYSTEM-F-ANARCHISM, The operating system has been overthrown