re: Clock drift and other open issues: Collecting information

>     Argh... So it's probably just that we now _see_ that something
>     went backwards---we just didn't get informed about it
>     previously...

yes - this is a new message.

FWIW, after my rework of sparc timecounter some time ago it *still*
tripped the much older "time went backwards" issue, but just once at
boot-time, and i wasn't able to trigger it again.

my point being that between boot time, clock setup, and when clocks
and interrupts are enabled, sometimes the timecounter source will
overflow in a way that isn't detected and is instead seen as a time
goes backwards issue (and reported.)  while this boot-time message
isn't great and please someone fix it, i would put it relatively low
on the priority list.

.mrg.