Re: Clock Error

On 2023-12-19 23:34, Ken Wellsch wrote:
On 2023-12-19 15:34, Ken Wellsch wrote:
So for what it is worth, it appears I am loosing about one second per day,
on a 100% loaded simh session, after nearly five days running.

So clearly what version of simh one is on, or possibly host, can make a big
difference here. Yuck!

I borrowed a small HP desktop with a Pentium G7400 CPU - the single thread
speed is much higher than anything I own. The box is running FreeBSD 14.

I wouldn't expect FreeBSD to behave much differently than OSX.

I have been playing with both open-simh (4.1) and Bob's simh 3.  I just
ended up running my build on 3 rather than 4.

It probably is a crazy thought, but I am curious whether you have enabled
a network device and have it active or not.

Yes, networking is on, and I'm usually telnetting in to the simulated VAX running NetBSD.

You do not have networking on the simulated machine?

  Johnny