Re: PSA: Clock drift and pkgin

Are you saying that we loose interrupts? Basically, we are running for longer periods with interrupts blocked? That sounds both like a serious bug, and something that should be fairly easy to detect, no?

  Johnny

On 2023-12-13 11:46, Josh Moyer wrote:
Hello port-vax,
Two PRs that I filed have been fixed in 10.0_RC1:

port-vax/56383: KA630 slow clock drift
For those doing compiles or other high load jobs (and not just on KA630), keep an eye on your clock drift.  Clock accuracy seems significantly improved in 10.0_RC1 - although it's still not perfect.  Make sure you aren't wasting cycles and masking the problem by running ntpd.

port-vax/56451: sqlite broken
pkgin depends on sqlite, which was broken in 9.x.  It's fixed in 10.0_RC1.

Thanks to whoever did the work!

Thanks and kind regards,

     _____
    | * * |   Josh Moyer (he/him) <JMoyer%NODOMAIN.NET@localhost>