Re: Does the KA630 have a TB?

Den 2023-09-24 kl. 21:32, skrev Johnny Billquist:
I find it interesting that this NetBSD doesn't use TBIS at all.
Agreed.  Seems like it would potentially be clever to just do TBIS
when you update one page.
True.  It may be relevant that NetBSD/vax, 1.4T at least, uses 4K
pages in the getpagesize() sense; [...]
The 4K page is a bit more recent.  Back when this was messed around
with, NetBSD used a 1K page size on VAX.

Well, the 1.4T kernel I'm working with definitely uses 4K pages.
Change was back in 1998-08-21. Thanks for just reminding me how old I'm getting. :-)
Wow.  It's just over 25 years ago.
I remember when testing with 4k logical pages it gave a huge performance gain, especially when starting binaries. (most easy to time by doing "make build" on the 11/785 I used at that time.  It took several days to compile everything).

-- R