Re: NetBSD/vax 512MB support

On Tue, 2023-05-30 00:49:29 +0100, David Brownlee <abs%absd.org@localhost> wrote:
> I've run up test builds of netbsd-10, -9 and -8 with Ragge's patches
> to support 512MB vaxen.
>
> They are in the appropriate subdirs of https://sync.absd.org/vax/

Gosh! When I saw the Subject line, it stroke me: Are there patches
outstanding? As I am running SIMH-VAX with 512 MB for "quite some
time" by now.  Checked: No local patches applied. :)

> If anyone would care to test (you can just grab a kernel, or the whole
> distribution, as preferred), I'll get pullups sent so the official
> NetBSD branches for -10, 9 and 8 will include the fixes
>
> Thanks again to Ragge for the changes :)

I'd try to give it a run, but generally, I'm usually running the
"HEAD", "master", "trunk" or "current" versions.  And the 512 MB fix
was already applied for current.

Phew.

MfG, JBG