Re: CMD MSCP SCSI problems? (again?)

On 2/8/23 20:10, John Klos wrote:
 I did this on a NetBSD/amd64 v9.1 VM, using a 9.3 source tree.  I've not yet attempted to boot the resultant kernel.  I hope to have time to do that tonight.

How many virtual CPUs can you throw at it?

That VM is currently configured with one VCPU, as it's in light occasional use. If I have to cross-compile another kernel, I can probably give it a dozen or so.

-j 24 on a Ryzen 5900X gives me the tools and a VAX kernel in a little less than three minutes.

  Zoom!

I've noticed that native compiling has improved significantly. I've barely spent much time on the test machine:

https://cdn.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/vax/10.0_2022Q4/All/

  Very cool indeed.

           -Dave

--