Re: CMD MSCP SCSI problems? (again?)

> On Feb 8, 2023, at 1:03 PM, Dave McGuire <mcguire%neurotica.com@localhost> wrote:
>
> On 2/8/23 15:51, Jason Thorpe wrote:
>>>  Wow, I've not compiled a NetBSD kernel in a very long time, that'll be fun. :-)  I'll see if I can get to that this week.  I suppose I'll have to do an install under simh to get to that point.
>> Cross-compile it?  I mean, isn’t that what **everybody** does? :-)
>
>  Ahh, perhaps, but the last time I built a NetBSD/vax kernel, I did it natively...that should tell you how long ago that was. ;)
>
>  I'm figuring out the cross-compilation tools, build.sh, etc now.  I must say the documentation on how to get this set up is slightly lacking, for something everybody does. ;)

I guess maybe I’ve been using “build.sh” and the associated infrastructure for too long (literally 2 decades now :-).  It does have a lot of options, but you mostly don’t need to use any of them unless you’re setting up some complicated development environment (which is what I do :-).  For example, I have a script that regularly builds a fresh toolchain for every supported MACHINE_ARCH :-)

-- thorpej