Re: CMD MSCP SCSI problems? (again?)

On 2/8/23 13:35, Johnny Billquist wrote:
   Wow, I've not compiled a NetBSD kernel in a very long time, that'll be fun. :-)  I'll see if I can get to that this week.  I suppose I'll have to
do an install under simh to get to that point.

Well, you could cross compile it:

Get src, cd there, ./build.sh -m vax kernel=GENERIC
(or whatever kernel config you need)

   Thanks for the suggestion Martin.  I have an instance of NetBSD/amd64 v9.1 running as a VM under SmartOS.  Can I install the 9.3 syssrc tree and cross-compile a 9.3 kernel from there?

Yeah. That would work just fine.

  Extracting the source tree now, will report back.  Thank you Johnny.

            -Dave

--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
New Kensington, PA