Re: CMD MSCP SCSI problems? (again?)

On Wed, 1 Feb 2023 20:40:28 +0100
Johnny Billquist <bqt%softjar.se@localhost> wrote:

> >> I have some vague memory that with enough memory, controllers didn't
> >> get detected. How much memory do the 4000-705A have?
> >
> >    It has 128MB.
>
> Yeah. That rings bells for me. I think with MSCP I noticed failures with
> more than 64MB. I think it is even visible using simh.

As another data point: I have a 4000-500A with a CQD-223/TM controller and 128MB and saw the same symptoms that Dave described when I tried to install NetBSD 8.0 a while back. The install kernel (netbooted) would find the controller but the generic kernel, booted from SCSI disk, failed to find the controller. I wasn't able to find a solution at the time.

George