Re: CMD MSCP SCSI problems? (again?)

Den 2023-02-01 kl. 20:40, skrev Jason Thorpe:
On Feb 1, 2023, at 11:35 AM, Dave McGuire <mcguire%neurotica.com@localhost> wrote:

On 2/1/23 14:32, Anders Hogrelius wrote:
If the installer boots and finds the disk I think it must be something missing in the configuration of the (GENERIC?) kernel. Can you boot the system with the install kernel and set the root to the installed disk using boot flags? If that works, compile a new kernel with the same device configuration as the install kernel,  it should boot.
  I'll try that this afternoon.  Though I'd find it very difficult to believe that the most common VAX mass storage controller, at its default CSR address, wouldn't be in the GENERIC config.
GENERIC and INSTALL look identical to me vis a vis MSCP controller configuration.
Yep, it is strange, since the code is the same.

The detection of the disk interface is the same as for the tape interface, and the tape is found.
No DMA is involved in the detection routines.

-- R