Re: Fwd: Fwd: pkgtools/digest - failed to build

Hi Andrew!

On 8/16/22 17:26, Andrew Ball wrote:
  JPAG> What version of GCC are we talking about? GCC-12 (or was it
      > 11?!) should have plenty of VAX-related fixes and should
      > perform much better than earlier versions.

ballvax1$ gcc --version
gcc (nb4 20200810) 7.5.0

This version is old enough to miss all the important vast improvements to the
VAX backend in GCC. I would give it a try with GCC-11 or even GCC-12, if possible.

This should fix a lot of the build issues.

There was a Bountysource campaign about a year ago that I started to collect
funds to get the VAX backend in GCC modernized and saved and Maciej W. Rozycki
did the heavy lifting to do the actual work.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
: :' :  Debian Developer