Re: qt multi- and broadcast (was Re: dhcpcd not working in simh-vax with xq0:nat networking)

Perhaps nothing :) I'm not an expert on hardware. It can still be that
the qt driver is fine but the simh emulation isn't. Perhaps it should
receive broadcasts unconditionally. What it seems to do currently is to
apply the multicast filter to them. I think this is the relevant code in
simh, sim_ether.c:
Yep, the board should always receive ethernet broadcast, no matter which mode is set.

Still, I think that in any case the NetBSD qt driver lies when it says
it supports IFF_MULTICAST.  It doesn't even support IFF_ALLMULTI (in the
above code represented by all_multicast).
Yes, true.  It's I myself that added that flag, wondering what I was thinking? :-) It should be fixed someday when someone can test it again with the real hardware.

-- R