Re: New Vax - future directions :-)

>> [...vax64 VM system...]
> [...]

One thing you might want to do is provide some way to avoid having to
map any of kernel memory in user mode.  In particular, I'm recalling
Meltdown.  While it doesn't sound to me as though vax64 as currently
contemplated will have spec ex, it strikes me as a good future-proofing
move to act as though it someday may.

For example, interrupt handling could be defined to switch memory
mappings, not just access mode, so that the SCB doesn't have to have
any mapping, not even a kernel-only mapping, in user mode.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign